Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Take Me Away To SFO

Last month has been a roller-coaster ride for me. I was so overwhelmed with school, work, orgs and personal stuff that I really needed to just step back for a while and breathe. It was all too much for me so I decided to take a mini-vacation in the middle of the semester to recuperate and have some me-time. Fortunately at the weekend that I was thinking of going, my friend from California was also free so I bought my ticket and 2 weeks later, I was on my way.

I never really liked San Francisco/NorCal but after my trip, I have a new found appreciation for the place. It’s full of interesting things and it’s so easy to get around because of the bart and bus. My friend didn’t have a car so we made do with what we had which made my trip all the more interesting and fun. We got lost so many times but we eventually found our way to where we were suppose to go. From the airport, we made our way to the hotel we were staying overnight in San Francisco. Went around the city, met up with a friend then went to my friend’s place in Moraga. From Moraga, we went shopping in Walnut Creek then Palo Alto back to the airport to pick up her grandma, San Jose then back to Moraga.

My favorite day however was when we went to Berkeley. I’ve never been to Berkeley so it was my first time there and I love every single thing about it. If I don’t get in the summer program abroad that I want, I’m definitely considering taking summer class there instead. Berkeley has that collegiate campus vibe feel (for obvious reason) which I am obsessed with and it had a certain vibe to it that was reminiscent to the East Village in New York. It ended up raining there though so we decided to stay in a pub to stay warm and dry and watched the football game against Washington State which Berkeley ended up winning. YAY! I know a little bit about football because my friend patiently explained it to me. Lol

I wish I took more pictures but here are some of what I took. Even though I am now back to reality full of things to do, I am glad that I went on that trip. I feel so much better thus motivating me to do even better in school. Hopefully, that motivation will help me in writing my paper.....




No comments:

Post a Comment