Monday, May 6, 2013

LDN: Close up

Deanne writes...

In an attempt to balance my life with work and play, I left my apartment today to explore the city on the hottest day so far. Seeing the sun and being able to wear a dress without tights made me so, so happy! I did a bunch of things... Before finding the Ben & Jerry's stand in Leicester Square, I dropped by the National Portrait Gallery. The first thing I saw was this:


At first, I was like, she looks so familiar! Could it be?

No, it can't be... Or is it?

Of course it was! Anna Wintour! Alex Katz captured her so perfectly, especially with that bob, that I had an inkling it was her once I laid my eyes on it.  I just couldn't believe she was in the National Portrait Gallery. Then again, she is one of the most influential people of our time. The fashion world is in her hands. All roads lead to Anna Wintour, whether you like it or not.

More on my London adventures when my brain is alive and kicking!

Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment