Saturday, February 4, 2012

Restaurant Week

It’s weird to think how my last post was when I just arrived to the homeland and how this post is with me being back to the city. It’s so surreal how fast time flies but I have never been more glad to be back. As much as I loved being back with my friends and family, there is nothing quite like New York City and she has been spoiling me since.

It was Restaurant Week here when I got back and so my friends and I have been taking advantage of eating in restaurants we normally would not be able to afford. For $35, that will get you a 3 course dinner at any of the participating restaurants which is not bad considering $35 is how much a single meal would cost you at these restaurants. It’s even cheaper if you eat out for lunch for it will only cost you $25 for almost the same meal as dinner. How crazy is that? So far, I’ve tried out 3 restaurants and my favorite out of the bunch is Bobby Van’s.

Bobby Van’s has five restaurants in the city but only three of them were participating in Restaurant Week. My friend and I decided to eat at their branch in Park Avenue because they call it “the original” so why not eat at the original for the first time, right? When we got there, we felt so out of place. It’s exactly the type of restaurant that your business partners there for a meeting or after work. I would definitely take my dad here but I probably won’t go back with a friend. My friend and I felt like we were the youngest in the room, which was extremely awkward but oh well. The food was amaaaaazing! I could still taste it in my mouth!

For starters, we got the Baked Clams Oreganata and it was hard not to eat everything at once. I’m very picky when it comes to clams because I don’t like it when I taste the “sea” when I eat it. I know it sounds weird but you know when you eat something and you taste so many different things that you forget what it is you’re eating in the first place? Yeah. That. When I eat a clam, I want to taste the clam and not the “sea” and this one definitely did not disappoint. Next up was my Pork Chop with Apple and Mango Chutney while my friend got the Petit Filet Mignon. The main course came with creamed spinach and mashed potatoes that go well with the meats. Everything was just so delicious that I barely had room for dessert! The Chocolate Mousse Cake was so rich and creamy that if you are a fan of things like that, you will enjoy it for sure. I, on the other hand, am not really a fan of anything too creamy so I passed halfway.

Bobby Van’s is definitely a treat for all you steak lovers out there like me so do try to check it out! Restaurant Week is still on going so go eat out at these restaurants as much as you can! Who doesn’t want a good meal at a low price anyway?



P.S. This is me and my friend at the bathroom. Lol their bathroom is so nice!

No comments:

Post a Comment