Sunday, September 23, 2012

Move Dust Through The Light


Ever since I got back from London, all I’ve really been doing is working and studying for the LSATs. I haven’t been staying out really late and whenever I do go out, it is just for dinner and that’s it. All I’ve been doing is saying no to my friends whenever something comes up but I decided I needed a break. And hey! It’s my birthday weekend so I’m going to do something different and just have fun. The chance came when my friend asked me if I wanted to go to the Bon Iver concert with her to Radio City. It took me a couple of days to finally say yes and was I glad I did. It was one of the best concerts of my life and it was in Radio City Music Hall no less! 
I’m gonna admit, I only knew a couple of their songs so I didn’t know what to expect plus I was still a bit down from not being able to watch Ed Sheeran live the night before. However when the show started, that all changed. My mood was instantly lifted and I literally got chills. When I heard the first strings of the guitar, I couldn’t help but close my eyes and just feel the music. They opened the show with Perth; and, from there on out, I became an avid fan. I could imagine myself with my friends driving down at night with the windows down and just blasting this song. It was incredible and that’s what I felt song after song. 
I apologize for the crappy quality. I had to zoom in using my phone.
They played a total of 14 songs plus an encore composed of 2 other songs. The show was very mellow and you could tell that everyone was there to simply just enjoy the music (expect of the 4 people behind us who were clearly high on something and were yelling the entire time). I would definitely recommend everyone to watch them live. Hearing their songs on your iPods or whatever is nothing compared to seeing and hearing them live. You get to feel and appreciate the songs more and isn’t that what music is about? Now I understand the expression, “Music is Life.” 


 K


P.S. Here's a little peak from their performance of Skinny Love and Perth.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment