Saturday, November 19, 2011

Versace for H&M

Whenever I hear the name Versace, I am reminded of prints print and more prints, as well as, skin skin and more skin! Just look at the infamous J.Lo dress during the 42nd Grammy’s in 2000. Not to mention, Elizabeth Hurley’s black safety pin dress in 1994. Versace is very extravagant and sexy that for some can be seen as a little bit skanky. Yes. Skanky. I just had to say it but ever since Donatella took over the company, she has managed to tone down the party image of the company without losing its soul. They are now known for more than just their clothes and accessories. They have expanded the Versace brand into an empire that includes hotels and a home collection making them a household name. With that being said, it was only a matter of time before H&M cashes in the Versace mania and collaborating with them on a limited edition collection comprised of Women’s and Men’s clothes and accessories.

November 19th marked the release of the Collection here in the city and I simply could not wait to see for myself what the hype was all about. I, myself, am not really a fan of Versace simply because it’s just not my style. However, after seeing the pieces in person, I am very impressed. The collection manged to give consumers things that are very wearable and practical with prices that range from affordable to some questionable. When I got to the store, there were still a few pieces left that people could not wait to get their hands on. Fortunately, I was able to get a few pieces for my sister and myself that I am very happy about.
First thing that I got is this fabulous bracelet. Isn’t it just great? I can already imagine the different clothes I could wear it with. It’s almost as big as my watch which I absolutely love. The bigger the better is what I always say.
Next up are these skirt and leggings. The skirt is really for my sister but I would totally borrow it when I can. You can wear it as a high waist skirt with a wide belt and a plain white button down top for a chic look or a corset for a vavavoom look. The leggings I got because recently, I’ve been trying to be a little bit more adventurous when it comes to my style. I have always played it safe and what’s life without a few risks right? I tried them on and I couldn’t take them off! I can already see myself wearing them with sky high pumps and this slouchy grey top that I recently just got from Stylemint. Accessorize with gold necklaces and I’m all set!





As for my outfit of the day, I wore these pair of colored demin I got from Pacsun, Uniqlo thermal underneath my StyleMint shirt, and H&M scarf. Wore them with my Tory Burch flats and my coat from Zara.




P.S. I use my phone and my laptop to take pictures so I apologize for the crappy quality. It’s so hard to take pictures of yourself when you live by yourself. Le sigh.
P.P.S. How come the character for "and" isn't allowed in the post? Weird.

No comments:

Post a Comment