Thursday, May 8, 2014

2 On - Tinashe ft. Schoolboy Q

I've been meaning to post this in a while but I always feel stuck. I know this is my excuse every time but it's really hard and I thank everyone or anyone who has been patient with this blog. Sometimes I stare at the screen and think of what to say. I go look at other blogs for inspiration but I don't want to just write for the sake of writing. I want to write something that would at least mean something but let's face it. I'm not going to shake the world with this....at least not yet. For now, let's stick to sharing a few nice things about this world of ours and one of them is seeing cherry blossoms..well...bloom.

A few weeks ago, I was lucky enough to be in Washington, DC to catch the Cherry Blossom festival. The last time I caught it was 4 years ago so I was really excited to see it again especially since we were promised a beautiful spring day and the weather report did not disappoint. It was sunny, warm and for the first time in a long time, I was able to wear just a dress and sandals. After such a long and harsh winter, this was a nice break from it all. As soon as we reached the mall, we went crazy taking pictures of the trees and flowers falling on the ground. We took too many pictures and videos that as soon as we got back to New York, I had to upload them all to my computer so I can have space again in my phone (not that it matters to anyone but bare with me). I wish I can share them all but here are just a few of them:



Outfit Details: dress - Zara, sandals - American Eagle Outfitters, bag - H&M, shades - RayBan, rings - ASOS





Being back for the second time around was amazing especially with good company. It was a much needed trip for my friend and I after having a difficult couple of weeks. Looking back at these images, I wish I can also go back to when the sun was shining bright and when I didn't have to worry about anything. *le sigh*

P.S. In the spirit of naming and ending my posts with songs, please listen to this one. It's been on repeat since I first heard it.


No comments:

Post a Comment