Friday, April 26, 2013

LDN: Square One


Deanne writes...


There are many things I have to ask forgiveness for but nothing on the moral level (at least not on this blog). When I started this with my friend, I knew commitment would be required of me. And then life sort of happened and this got pushed to the side... like many other projects of mine. This time though, that can't happen.

First of all, I am in London (do you see what happened to the blog? It's not MNL and NYC anymore. It's LDN and NYC.)


Second, I love to write.


So I have no more excuses. 





I took the above photo last April 8 on my flight from HK to LDN. It's been 3 weeks. I am halfway around the world, far away from the shores of my country in pursuit of the dream that has been potent for quite some time now: fashion. You can laugh, wonder what the hell I want to do in this seemingly fluffy, airy industry. But I've been in the Condé Nast College of Fashion and Design for 2 weeks and it can take me all day (or two... or three...) to challenge you on that notion. 


I have a lot of catching up to do (if there's such thing as a New York minute, there's also a London minute) but for now I'll leave you with where I want to end up:




Above my head, there it is: VOGUE HOUSE. I understand how big that dream is but you know... Don't tell me I can reach for the sky when there are footprints on the moon. Yes, it's that sort of thing. 

Back to square one. A clean slate. A new beginning. 

Thank God I can do it in style.

Xx

1 comment: