Wednesday, September 25, 2013

A Soirée Like No Other

Deanne writes...

I love weddings. I’ve always secretly wanted to be a wedding stylist (that’s in addition to having fantasies of owning a patisserie and writing about travel adventures). It’s the hopeless romantic in me that makes me go absolutely wide-eyed for fairytale wedding gowns, dreamy color palettes, and touching videos. So imagine the excitement that filled me when Bride and Breakfast accepted me as one of their interns.


I stumbled upon this beautiful wedding blog when my friend’s wedding was featured on it. Ever since then, it’s been my guilty pleasure outside of fashion blogs (but I’m not really guilty, sorry). Bride and Breakfast is a delight for the heart as much as it is for the eyes. Owned by Janna and Ian Simpao, its posts are filled with wedding details that can truly inspire brides and brides-to-be (that’s me!). The best thing about it? Every wedding supplier featured is Filipino. After looking at Bride and Breakfast’s posts for more than year, I’m more than convinced that we Filipinos have the creativity and passion to make it big. And to truly make every wedding the couple’s favorite memory.

I was so fortunate to have been given the opportunity to meet some of those wedding suppliers at Bride and Breakfast’s Garden Soirée held yesterday, September 24. It was such a delight! Held at the romantic space of Mango Farm, it truly reflected the amazing potential of the local wedding industry. The tropical luxe theme was seen in every little detail from the stage backdrop to the tablecloths. The cocktail food was honestly the best I have ever tried at any party (seared tuna on tostilla crisps, anyone?). The dessert was something new… cakelets! And the vibe was just all-around happy and vibrant and down-to-earth – just how weddings should be.


Yesterday, I didn’t just dip my toes into the wedding industry… I dived right into it! It was refreshing to have been given the chance to get to know another industry besides fashion. It makes me realize how creative other people can be. And because of the exposure, I now have a DREAM TEAM for my own wedding. Now, I just need the man who will make all these details secondary to the love that we will hold for each other… for the rest of our lives. Congratulations, Bride and Breakfast! 








Janna Simpao, the woman behind B&B
With fashion designer Boy Santos and Ian Simpao

With Joyce Urieta of The Delightful Miss Joyce 

With my dream wedding designer, Veluz 


For a complete list of sponsors and suppliers, please visit Bride and Breakfast. 

No comments:

Post a Comment